Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Where to start fortune telling with tarot cards?

Kreston
September 23, 2023

Who invented Tarot cards? There is an opinion that the deck was invented and first used by the gypsies. It is difficult to disagree with this assumption, because at the philistine level it is believed that these people can tell fortunes, bewitch, predict and have an innate ability to hypnosis.

Researchers have studied many historical documents, and most cultural scientists have not found confirmation of this version. The archives contain data on maps dating back to the beginning of the 14th century, and information about gypsies wandering around Europe began to be found in the 15th century. It was not possible to find images of the cards mentioned in the chronicles, so the issue is still being discussed and excites the minds of scientists.

Before you learn how to tell fortunes with Tarot cards, you need to understand what the deck is and what is depicted on them. Let us turn to the history of the development of this fortune telling.

2. What does a modern deck look like?

In this article, we did not set a goal to tell in detail about the meanings of all cards. Here there will be more information in general about the fortune telling system.

Currently, decks consist of two parts, which are called the major and minor arcana. In addition to these, there are two additional blank cards. For layouts, both the full deck and its shortened versions are used. Accordingly, to read fortunes with a full Tarot deck, you need to take all the major and minor arcana plus both white cards (although you can do without them).

Different types of layouts imply the use of different shortened types of decks. You can take:

The major one, which includes all the major arcana.
The minor one, which contains all the minor arcana.
Incomplete minor, where there are only 36 minor arcana.
If we return once again to the gypsies, it is known that they usually use a playing deck of 36 cards in fortune-telling, which, in principle, can be classified as the minor arcana. They rarely use the full version, so it is unlikely that the authorship of the invention of the Tarot belongs to them.

The minor and major arcana differ greatly in appearance. The cards of the second group depict unusual pictures that have a deep philosophical meaning. When a person thinks about how to learn how to correctly read fortunes on Tarot cards, he usually means that he needs to interpret the meanings and combinations of these drawings, which in past centuries frightened superstitious people.

To the uninitiated, it seems that each image contains significant symbolic meaning. However, historical archives contain documents describing how these mysterious pictures appeared.

by Kreston
September 23, 2023

Who invented Tarot cards? There is an opinion that the deck was invented and first used by the gypsies. It is difficult to disagree with this assumption, because at the philistine level it is believed that these people can tell fortunes, bewitch, predict and have an innate ability to hypnosis.

Researchers have studied many historical documents, and most cultural scientists have not found confirmation of this version. The archives contain data on maps dating back to the beginning of the 14th century, and information about gypsies wandering around Europe began to be found in the 15th century. It was not possible to find images of the cards mentioned in the chronicles, so the issue is still being discussed and excites the minds of scientists.

Before you learn how to tell fortunes with Tarot cards, you need to understand what the deck is and what is depicted on them. Let us turn to the history of the development of this fortune telling.

2. What does a modern deck look like?

In this article, we did not set a goal to tell in detail about the meanings of all cards. Here there will be more information in general about the fortune telling system.

Currently, decks consist of two parts, which are called the major and minor arcana. In addition to these, there are two additional blank cards. For layouts, both the full deck and its shortened versions are used. Accordingly, to read fortunes with a full Tarot deck, you need to take all the major and minor arcana plus both white cards (although you can do without them).

Different types of layouts imply the use of different shortened types of decks. You can take:

The major one, which includes all the major arcana.
The minor one, which contains all the minor arcana.
Incomplete minor, where there are only 36 minor arcana.
If we return once again to the gypsies, it is known that they usually use a playing deck of 36 cards in fortune-telling, which, in principle, can be classified as the minor arcana. They rarely use the full version, so it is unlikely that the authorship of the invention of the Tarot belongs to them.

The minor and major arcana differ greatly in appearance. The cards of the second group depict unusual pictures that have a deep philosophical meaning. When a person thinks about how to learn how to correctly read fortunes on Tarot cards, he usually means that he needs to interpret the meanings and combinations of these drawings, which in past centuries frightened superstitious people.

To the uninitiated, it seems that each image contains significant symbolic meaning. However, historical archives contain documents describing how these mysterious pictures appeared.

Romarion
September 23, 2023

Thanks for the useful information about tarot cards. I recently bought myself a new deck of Rider Waite Smith tarot cards and of course I needed to find information about the meaning of each card. I went to the resource about tarot cards https://tarotreadingfree.com/king-of-wands-rider and found out what the King of Wands card means. This was very useful for me and I recommend everyone to remember this information if you want to learn how to read tarot cards.

by Romarion
September 23, 2023

Thanks for the useful information about tarot cards. I recently bought myself a new deck of Rider Waite Smith tarot cards and of course I needed to find information about the meaning of each card. I went to the resource about tarot cards https://tarotreadingfree.com/king-of-wands-rider and found out what the King of Wands card means. This was very useful for me and I recommend everyone to remember this information if you want to learn how to read tarot cards.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.