Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Accidentally talking dovahzul

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

Loniizrath
December 10, 2014

I wrote half an essay in Dovahzul once. Just switched over in the second paragraph, and didn't notice until I was writing my conclusion.

by Loniizrath
December 10, 2014

I wrote half an essay in Dovahzul once. Just switched over in the second paragraph, and didn't notice until I was writing my conclusion.

DovahKiinZaan
December 11, 2014

Update: I wrote a 10,000 word essay in dovahzul. And trust me, it wasn't nice. 

by DovahKiinZaan
December 11, 2014

Update: I wrote a 10,000 word essay in dovahzul. And trust me, it wasn't nice. 

Aaliizah
January 17, 2015

Duuuude, this happens to me all the time! I'll be talking in ordinary English fod nol my motmahus tongue meyz Dovahzul. Daar how I think: ko Dovahzul voth osos English where canon doesn't have a rot. The funny thing is that last year, my Spanish class was garbage because the new teacher wasn't effective, nor were the many other subs that replaced her, so I spent the entire first half of school with a printed copy of the 52 page PDF file and studied tol enook sul lingrah morah sinon Spanish. Ful as I was learning Dovahzul, I was hearing Spanish, and so sometimes I fill in blanks in Dovahzul with Spanish, and vice versa.

My sister has learned to respond to "briinah", she knows that when I groan and say bahlok it means I'm hungry, and fod zu'u listen wah others tinvaak, I silently translate it without naan morah. But I didn't write an entire vomindoraan lingrah essay ko Dovahzul. And I thought I was bad. ;)

by Aaliizah
January 17, 2015

Duuuude, this happens to me all the time! I'll be talking in ordinary English fod nol my motmahus tongue meyz Dovahzul. Daar how I think: ko Dovahzul voth osos English where canon doesn't have a rot. The funny thing is that last year, my Spanish class was garbage because the new teacher wasn't effective, nor were the many other subs that replaced her, so I spent the entire first half of school with a printed copy of the 52 page PDF file and studied tol enook sul lingrah morah sinon Spanish. Ful as I was learning Dovahzul, I was hearing Spanish, and so sometimes I fill in blanks in Dovahzul with Spanish, and vice versa.

My sister has learned to respond to "briinah", she knows that when I groan and say bahlok it means I'm hungry, and fod zu'u listen wah others tinvaak, I silently translate it without naan morah. But I didn't write an entire vomindoraan lingrah essay ko Dovahzul. And I thought I was bad. ;)

DovahKiinZaan
January 17, 2015
With me it's not only dovahzul, so, I've taken a break for it so I can get over lingofuck (new name!) and then come back.
by DovahKiinZaan
January 17, 2015
With me it's not only dovahzul, so, I've taken a break for it so I can get over lingofuck (new name!) and then come back.

Vulon
January 17, 2015
@DovahKiinZaan I realized this morning I was spelling like dovahzul haha.For example I had written welkom not welcome.Such a bright spark..
by Vulon
January 17, 2015
@DovahKiinZaan I realized this morning I was spelling like dovahzul haha.For example I had written welkom not welcome.Such a bright spark..

BoDuSil
January 18, 2015
BoDuSil has this error all the time. BoDuSil was asked a math question in math class, and told teacher to "F*** off" in dovahzul
by BoDuSil
January 18, 2015
BoDuSil has this error all the time. BoDuSil was asked a math question in math class, and told teacher to "F*** off" in dovahzul

DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2015
BoDuSil

Really? I tell it in English!

by DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2015
BoDuSil

Really? I tell it in English!

Kosenu
January 18, 2015

I became fluent in English when I was about eight years old. Ever since I have been switching languages while thinking without noticing all through the day. Sometimes I suddenly realises that I'm thinking in English, or Dovahzul, or heck, Japanese. Speaking is a different thing for me though, perhaps because I put a lot of thought into my words or something, because I always talk in the appropriate language.

by Kosenu
January 18, 2015

I became fluent in English when I was about eight years old. Ever since I have been switching languages while thinking without noticing all through the day. Sometimes I suddenly realises that I'm thinking in English, or Dovahzul, or heck, Japanese. Speaking is a different thing for me though, perhaps because I put a lot of thought into my words or something, because I always talk in the appropriate language.

DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2015

I was fluent in three languages by nine, and that was when I became incomprehensible. 

by DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2015

I was fluent in three languages by nine, and that was when I became incomprehensible. 

Rahvaatzul
January 18, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Incomprehensible at 4, brought up with French, English and Swedish.

And it happens all the time to me, not with Dovahzul as such, but it has happened.

Most embarrassing moment would be when I stormed into a room to sort out a massive data loss, and started yelling orders in part Russian and part Norwegian. They s*** themselves.

by Rahvaatzul
January 18, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Incomprehensible at 4, brought up with French, English and Swedish.

And it happens all the time to me, not with Dovahzul as such, but it has happened.

Most embarrassing moment would be when I stormed into a room to sort out a massive data loss, and started yelling orders in part Russian and part Norwegian. They s*** themselves.

DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2015

When I was nine, my speech accelerated at a high rate, I mean to say that, I could (and still can) say 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' in two seconds, and that (still is) my regular speech. 

by DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2015

When I was nine, my speech accelerated at a high rate, I mean to say that, I could (and still can) say 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' in two seconds, and that (still is) my regular speech. 

Biiodven
January 18, 2015

Zu'u think ko Dovahzul almost pah fin tiid ahrk osos tiidde tinvaak nii nau accident. Fod other people tinvaak wah zey, Zu'u translate nii wah dovahzul. Zu'u los rinik pruzah ahst pel ko dovahzul.

by Biiodven
January 18, 2015

Zu'u think ko Dovahzul almost pah fin tiid ahrk osos tiidde tinvaak nii nau accident. Fod other people tinvaak wah zey, Zu'u translate nii wah dovahzul. Zu'u los rinik pruzah ahst pel ko dovahzul.

dovahnite
January 21, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Ahnok, lok thuum, guur, krosis. It's embarrassing, huh?

Aalkos.

Actually I think it's kind of funny if people ask me what's wrong with me because I have a weird sense of humor like that. As long as I don't start writing runes on a job application I should be fine.

by dovahnite
January 21, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Ahnok, lok thuum, guur, krosis. It's embarrassing, huh?

Aalkos.

Actually I think it's kind of funny if people ask me what's wrong with me because I have a weird sense of humor like that. As long as I don't start writing runes on a job application I should be fine.

DovahKiinZaan
January 21, 2015
Job interview you just start blabbering out crap.
by DovahKiinZaan
January 21, 2015
Job interview you just start blabbering out crap.

Mul klo riik
January 21, 2015
Vulon

SAME!!!!

by Mul klo riik
January 21, 2015
Vulon

SAME!!!!

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.