A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  27  28  29  30 > >>  

yaaveiliin1019
September 6, 2015

DREM YOL LOK. Z5 Y1V2L3N.

Hey, everyone. I'm actually a returning member of this site. Some of you may remember Phelan1019, and that is my old profile. I decided to get back on here, and that a fresh start was appropriate, due to reasons that my new username pretty much sums up. Cheers, and I hope to

TINV1K
with you all soon!

by yaaveiliin1019
September 6, 2015

DREM YOL LOK. Z5 Y1V2L3N.

Hey, everyone. I'm actually a returning member of this site. Some of you may remember Phelan1019, and that is my old profile. I decided to get back on here, and that a fresh start was appropriate, due to reasons that my new username pretty much sums up. Cheers, and I hope to

TINV1K
with you all soon!

Vulondovah21
September 19, 2015

Hi, I am Vulondovah21.

I found out about thuum a couple months back. I did not have the time to visit or learn the language until now.

I am a gamer who has at least played Skyrim. I have not played Oblivion or Morrowwind. I have tried to play Arena and Daggerfall. I am thankful that this site was created (Kudos and thanks Paarthurnax.) and I am happy to learn this budding language.

Paaz shul grind.

by Vulondovah21
September 19, 2015

Hi, I am Vulondovah21.

I found out about thuum a couple months back. I did not have the time to visit or learn the language until now.

I am a gamer who has at least played Skyrim. I have not played Oblivion or Morrowwind. I have tried to play Arena and Daggerfall. I am thankful that this site was created (Kudos and thanks Paarthurnax.) and I am happy to learn this budding language.

Paaz shul grind.

skreborn
October 6, 2015

Hey there!

I can't quite recall the time or date on which I have first visited this page. I am a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls series - probably doesn't come as a shock to most of you -, and especially Skyrim.

I am a 20 years old Hungarian dude with absolutely no plans for the future and mostly no memory of the past. I happen to have an awful memory. Most of the time, I can't recall what I did a week ago. Luckily, my girlfriend is the exact opposite.

In my free time, I learn Dovahzul, design websites and other stuff, including logos, banners, or even environments for games if I'm in the mood. I spend most of my day programming, as it is both my job and my hobby.

A few months back I have finally decided to take the time and start learning the language. I will be honest with you though; I have barely picked up anything so far. Know a few letters, a bunch of words, and that's kinda it. I, like many of the members (I presume), have a day job, and am only a gamer/designer/developer/superhero by night. Sadly my work takes up most of my time, and then I didn't even mention that I am attending a university.

Enough of that though, here's something to be happy about! I have moved in with my girlfriend this August and have lived together happily ever since. I know, it's only been 2 months at the time of writing. Read this back in a year and it'll sound much better! Just this past Sunday, I have proposed to her, and she said yes.

J3!

So here I am. For those who missed out on all the flag design contest fun, I happen to be the creator of the winning entry. I know that not everybody was satisfied it - even I had my concerns -, and I am open to critique, although I recommend you either send me a private message, or share your opinion in the relevant thread. If anyone would like the dragonhead as a vectorgraphic image, it's also available there. Should any of you fancy a profile picture similar to mine, I'd be happy to mash one up for you!

I love this community. I really do. You are all awesome.

T4R3K WUNDUN!

by skreborn
October 6, 2015

Hey there!

I can't quite recall the time or date on which I have first visited this page. I am a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls series - probably doesn't come as a shock to most of you -, and especially Skyrim.

I am a 20 years old Hungarian dude with absolutely no plans for the future and mostly no memory of the past. I happen to have an awful memory. Most of the time, I can't recall what I did a week ago. Luckily, my girlfriend is the exact opposite.

In my free time, I learn Dovahzul, design websites and other stuff, including logos, banners, or even environments for games if I'm in the mood. I spend most of my day programming, as it is both my job and my hobby.

A few months back I have finally decided to take the time and start learning the language. I will be honest with you though; I have barely picked up anything so far. Know a few letters, a bunch of words, and that's kinda it. I, like many of the members (I presume), have a day job, and am only a gamer/designer/developer/superhero by night. Sadly my work takes up most of my time, and then I didn't even mention that I am attending a university.

Enough of that though, here's something to be happy about! I have moved in with my girlfriend this August and have lived together happily ever since. I know, it's only been 2 months at the time of writing. Read this back in a year and it'll sound much better! Just this past Sunday, I have proposed to her, and she said yes.

J3!

So here I am. For those who missed out on all the flag design contest fun, I happen to be the creator of the winning entry. I know that not everybody was satisfied it - even I had my concerns -, and I am open to critique, although I recommend you either send me a private message, or share your opinion in the relevant thread. If anyone would like the dragonhead as a vectorgraphic image, it's also available there. Should any of you fancy a profile picture similar to mine, I'd be happy to mash one up for you!

I love this community. I really do. You are all awesome.

T4R3K WUNDUN!

Zulfahdon
October 9, 2015

Hello!

I’m new to Dovahzul studies but a big fan of The Elder Scrolls and languages – particularly fictional ones – so I’m looking forward to learning everything there is to know about the Dragon language. I’m also a devout Tolkien fan and have been studying Quenya and Tolkien’s other languages for some twenty years. Tamriel I first entered through Oblivion (and was very amused to discover that the Prophet in Anvil spoke semi-Quenya), and I have since played Skyrim (extensively), Morrowind and Redguard.

Being interested in etymology and comparative linguistics, I would be interested in finding out more about the reasoning behind some of the new Dovahzul constructions (e.g. the numerals). Maybe this can be found somewhere on this site, though at the moment I’m somewhat daunted by the awesome amount of material y’all have poured into the site. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?

I’ve seen some titles on the Library page that really intrigued me – in particular  “An Analysis of the Syntactic Implications of Canon” and “Some Similar Words and Their Differences” – but unfortunately those particular texts seem to be gone. Is it possible to find these texts somewhere else online?

Lok, Thu’um!

~Zul

by Zulfahdon
October 9, 2015

Hello!

I’m new to Dovahzul studies but a big fan of The Elder Scrolls and languages – particularly fictional ones – so I’m looking forward to learning everything there is to know about the Dragon language. I’m also a devout Tolkien fan and have been studying Quenya and Tolkien’s other languages for some twenty years. Tamriel I first entered through Oblivion (and was very amused to discover that the Prophet in Anvil spoke semi-Quenya), and I have since played Skyrim (extensively), Morrowind and Redguard.

Being interested in etymology and comparative linguistics, I would be interested in finding out more about the reasoning behind some of the new Dovahzul constructions (e.g. the numerals). Maybe this can be found somewhere on this site, though at the moment I’m somewhat daunted by the awesome amount of material y’all have poured into the site. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?

I’ve seen some titles on the Library page that really intrigued me – in particular  “An Analysis of the Syntactic Implications of Canon” and “Some Similar Words and Their Differences” – but unfortunately those particular texts seem to be gone. Is it possible to find these texts somewhere else online?

Lok, Thu’um!

~Zul

Tayranno
October 12, 2015

Hey all, just recently found this site and I'm ecstatic to learn Dovahzul.  Morrowind was my favorite game for a very long time and I love Skyrim just as much.  I've adored dragons all my life and learning their language only seems appropriately awesome.

by Tayranno
October 12, 2015

Hey all, just recently found this site and I'm ecstatic to learn Dovahzul.  Morrowind was my favorite game for a very long time and I love Skyrim just as much.  I've adored dragons all my life and learning their language only seems appropriately awesome.

auroVee
November 3, 2015

DREM YOL LOK, TH5M.ORG! Z5 LOS A6O, 4RK Z5 B63S W4 M9Z KUL BOTH FIN TINVOK DO DOV4ZUL.

by auroVee
November 3, 2015

DREM YOL LOK, TH5M.ORG! Z5 LOS A6O, 4RK Z5 B63S W4 M9Z KUL BOTH FIN TINVOK DO DOV4ZUL.

KoraaviikDoPah
November 3, 2015

Hey everyone! I just found this website after looking around on places to learn Dovahzul and I'm happy that I found it! Just from the few minutes I've been on this site, it has already been interesting and wonderful. I hope to learn a lot about Dovahzul and can't wait to discover new things. ^.^

KOG1N

KoraaviikDoPah

by KoraaviikDoPah
November 3, 2015

Hey everyone! I just found this website after looking around on places to learn Dovahzul and I'm happy that I found it! Just from the few minutes I've been on this site, it has already been interesting and wonderful. I hope to learn a lot about Dovahzul and can't wait to discover new things. ^.^

KOG1N

KoraaviikDoPah

Necromas
November 16, 2015

Greetings Comrades.

I am a fan of Skyrim, haven't tried the other games. The lore is all I feel I need from games 1-4. I hope to stick along for a while. Looking for a RP to join, PM me. Looking forward to learning how to create new words, I'm not sure how right now.

by Necromas
November 16, 2015

Greetings Comrades.

I am a fan of Skyrim, haven't tried the other games. The lore is all I feel I need from games 1-4. I hope to stick along for a while. Looking for a RP to join, PM me. Looking forward to learning how to create new words, I'm not sure how right now.

N3XITH
November 19, 2015
what up tho.
my name is What Are Those, and I'm stoked AF to be apart of thuum.
please feel free to chat with me, preferably in english.

lol bye :D
by N3XITH
November 19, 2015
what up tho.

my name is What Are Those, and I'm stoked AF to be apart of thuum.

please feel free to chat with me, preferably in english.

lol bye :D

Rocko324
November 26, 2015

Hello, my name is Rocko, and I am a huge fan of Skyrim along with all the Bethesda games, such as Fallout and Dishonored. I am currently 16 years old, a male, I am a Junior in High school and I play baseball for my school as well. I hope one day I can be a special ed or History teacher for my high school, or be a baseball coach. If you wanna talk to me about Skyrim or have any questions please do PM me. I will answer all questions, and if I fail to answer your question or you get a response you were not looking for I will give you free coin!

by Rocko324
November 26, 2015

Hello, my name is Rocko, and I am a huge fan of Skyrim along with all the Bethesda games, such as Fallout and Dishonored. I am currently 16 years old, a male, I am a Junior in High school and I play baseball for my school as well. I hope one day I can be a special ed or History teacher for my high school, or be a baseball coach. If you wanna talk to me about Skyrim or have any questions please do PM me. I will answer all questions, and if I fail to answer your question or you get a response you were not looking for I will give you free coin!

Alduin World Eater
November 26, 2015

Welcome, Rocko324. If you need help learning, I can give you pointers through PM and even lessons. Liis offers these as well, but you can get help from us both. 

by Alduin World Eater
November 26, 2015

Welcome, Rocko324. If you need help learning, I can give you pointers through PM and even lessons. Liis offers these as well, but you can get help from us both. 

Raxvulnax
November 28, 2015
Drem yol lok! My name is Vokunahvulon. My English name is Bryce and I'm am also a 17 year old junior in high school. I hope to get my PhD in chemical engineering when I graduate high school, but that's also a lot of work I'm not sure I'm ready for. I have studied Dovahzul in the past and didn't know about the communities created and devoted to studying it. I recently joined this community and I'm please to see that everyone here is respectful and helpful when it comes to learning the language. I hope to one day be fluent, but right now I'm not anywhere close. PM me if you have any questions or if you want to help me on my quest to master the language.
by Raxvulnax
November 28, 2015
Drem yol lok! My name is Vokunahvulon. My English name is Bryce and I'm am also a 17 year old junior in high school. I hope to get my PhD in chemical engineering when I graduate high school, but that's also a lot of work I'm not sure I'm ready for. I have studied Dovahzul in the past and didn't know about the communities created and devoted to studying it. I recently joined this community and I'm please to see that everyone here is respectful and helpful when it comes to learning the language. I hope to one day be fluent, but right now I'm not anywhere close. PM me if you have any questions or if you want to help me on my quest to master the language.

DovahKahjiit
November 28, 2015

Hi...I guess. Um my name is Dovahkahjiit but call me Jinxx or Shy. IDK when i joined but it wasnt long ago. Im 13. Female. Also antisocial and weird. My goal for life is to become a 4th generation tattoo artist in my family. Ive already done my first tattoo. Which turned out good. My dad said he'll have me tattooing in no time. Maybe a few years. So i have that going for me. Anyway...bye

by DovahKahjiit
November 28, 2015

Hi...I guess. Um my name is Dovahkahjiit but call me Jinxx or Shy. IDK when i joined but it wasnt long ago. Im 13. Female. Also antisocial and weird. My goal for life is to become a 4th generation tattoo artist in my family. Ive already done my first tattoo. Which turned out good. My dad said he'll have me tattooing in no time. Maybe a few years. So i have that going for me. Anyway...bye

Duryoljot
December 8, 2015

This is Yolos Vith, Level 210 and professional tryhard. Installer of mods and murderer of children in Whiterun. I love discussion with peers and guiding young dov from false information and into proper conversation about the franchise we love. I love learning new languages and hope I can become friends with all of you.

by Duryoljot
December 8, 2015

This is Yolos Vith, Level 210 and professional tryhard. Installer of mods and murderer of children in Whiterun. I love discussion with peers and guiding young dov from false information and into proper conversation about the franchise we love. I love learning new languages and hope I can become friends with all of you.

Kira of Potato
December 9, 2015

Hello! I am Kira of Potato. My full username would normaly be KiraThePotatoChip, but my name had to be shortened. I am just new to the site, and hope to have a wonderful time! Naturally I am a bif fan of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and many other Bethesda games. I live in America, and am awaiting a new Elder Scrolls game.(If they make one soon)

I guess thats all for now,

Kira out!

by Kira of Potato
December 9, 2015

Hello! I am Kira of Potato. My full username would normaly be KiraThePotatoChip, but my name had to be shortened. I am just new to the site, and hope to have a wonderful time! Naturally I am a bif fan of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and many other Bethesda games. I live in America, and am awaiting a new Elder Scrolls game.(If they make one soon)

I guess thats all for now,

Kira out!

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.