Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comic Runes Font

hiith
December 3, 2014

The idea came across that there should be a Comic Sans type font for the dragon language. I now suspect that it was a joke, but I went ahead and made it.

http://openfontlibrary.org/font/comicdragonrunes

For those who don't know, MS Comic Sans was designed to imitate the lettering used in comics, and that's sorts what I went for when designing this.

!!! IMPORTANT !!! This font has both the dipthongs and the number runes. The dipthongs (as usual) are mapped to 1-9, but the numbers are mapped to the majuscule (CAPITAL) top row of both qwerty and qwertz keyboards and to the majuscule C.

Here's the mapping, in detail (all the minuscule (lower-case) letters are their corresponding rune, save for "c"):

1 - aa
2 - ei
3 - ii
4 - ah
5 - uu
6 - ur
7 - ir
8 - oo
9 - ey
Q - 1
W - 2
E - 3
R - 4
T - 5
Y & Z - 6
U - 7
I - 8
O - 9
P - 10
C - 0

To demonstrate:

See the Calligraphy font!

by hiith
December 3, 2014

The idea came across that there should be a Comic Sans type font for the dragon language. I now suspect that it was a joke, but I went ahead and made it.

http://openfontlibrary.org/font/comicdragonrunes

For those who don't know, MS Comic Sans was designed to imitate the lettering used in comics, and that's sorts what I went for when designing this.

!!! IMPORTANT !!! This font has both the dipthongs and the number runes. The dipthongs (as usual) are mapped to 1-9, but the numbers are mapped to the majuscule (CAPITAL) top row of both qwerty and qwertz keyboards and to the majuscule C.

Here's the mapping, in detail (all the minuscule (lower-case) letters are their corresponding rune, save for "c"):

1 - aa
2 - ei
3 - ii
4 - ah
5 - uu
6 - ur
7 - ir
8 - oo
9 - ey
Q - 1
W - 2
E - 3
R - 4
T - 5
Y & Z - 6
U - 7
I - 8
O - 9
P - 10
C - 0

To demonstrate:

See the Calligraphy font!

hiith
December 4, 2014

I could perhaps add a bold and/or italic style to it, but I'll have to have enough people to care in order to want to put the work into it.

by hiith
December 4, 2014

I could perhaps add a bold and/or italic style to it, but I'll have to have enough people to care in order to want to put the work into it.

Sahkrahfaas
December 5, 2014

Better than actual Comic Sans, it's waaay overused xD I actually quite like this one, I like it better than the modernised one. 

I like how you put runes over the Xs on the Xbox One stuff :D It would be pretty cool to buy controllers like that haha

by Sahkrahfaas
December 5, 2014

Better than actual Comic Sans, it's waaay overused xD I actually quite like this one, I like it better than the modernised one. 

I like how you put runes over the Xs on the Xbox One stuff :D It would be pretty cool to buy controllers like that haha

hiith
December 6, 2014

Now comes in bold! If you download it now (re-download for some), you'll get it.

by hiith
December 6, 2014

Now comes in bold! If you download it now (re-download for some), you'll get it.

[deleted]
January 4, 2015

omg
that is the greatest thing ever!!!
works fine
but i have a question:
how the numeric system works?
for e.g. = i need to write 12,
so i wrie 10 and then 2 or 1 and then 2?

by [deleted]
January 4, 2015

omg
that is the greatest thing ever!!!
works fine
but i have a question:

hiith
January 4, 2015
TnTal111

For 12, you would probably write 10 ahrk 2 -or- 2 ahrk 10 ("ahrk" implies addition). You could also write any combinations of numbers that add up to 12, like 5 ahrk 7. Or, you could write 2 (space) 6, as numbers not separated implies multiplication.

by hiith
January 4, 2015
TnTal111

For 12, you would probably write 10 ahrk 2 -or- 2 ahrk 10 ("ahrk" implies addition). You could also write any combinations of numbers that add up to 12, like 5 ahrk 7. Or, you could write 2 (space) 6, as numbers not separated implies multiplication.

[deleted]
January 4, 2015

thanks

by [deleted]
January 4, 2015

thanks

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.